Saturday, July 2, 2016

FROM THE WOMEN IN WEST CLEVELAND

We decided to address 3 different topics to write on as a group.  We found the questions really made us open up to each other and get to know each other a lot better.  One topic we discussed was something that has helped us be leaders in our lives.  A few of us agreed that this job and being a Vivint wife was very impactful.  Moving so much and battling the fear of a new place by yourself forces us to step out of our comfort zones and take a stand as a leader.  Whether its' figuring out the new area without a husband most of the time, or reaching out to the other wives to make friends.  My summer wives have become some of my closest friends because we understand each other and rely so heavily on each other!  They are some of the only ones that understand the dynamics of this job.  Making it valuable to step up and become a leader through it all.  One wife shared:

"Because I was the oldest kid in my family, I've always had a leader
mentality.  Being the oldest not only made me learn how to care for
myself, but I had to learn to care for my siblings as well.  I was often
left in charge of my siblings and would have to make sure that the
kids were fed, bathed, and in bed on time.  This forced me to learn 
leadership skills as well as coping skills when they wouldn't listen to
me.  I quickly figured out that being a boss and a leader were two
different things.  Bosses told the others what to do, and leaders
showed and helped others learn.  I found that being a leader, rather
than a boss, always ended with better teamwork and cooperation in
the group.  Instead of looking at my siblings as less than me, I started
looking at them as equal, and it was my job to lead them in the right
direction."

This book really taught us how important it is to allow life's greatest crucibles to change us for the better.  We all face challenges, trials, and heartaches, but those events are what shape us into who we are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment