Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Becoming An Excellent Wife




I try my best to improve every day. I have a long way to go in many areas. But there are things I know I do well! Being a summer sales wife is one of those things. I've had nearly a decade to learn through trial and error... the things that work... and the things that don't! 
I realize that not all my efforts and ideas are appreciated or applicable to all. I know through the years there have been friends and associates who didn't catch my vision or see value in some of my ideas. However, overall my ideas have worked well for many. My creativity has inspired others, and in turn cultivated improvement in the lives of friends and colleagues. 
Since starting my new endeavor with the company -directing the women's program, while maintaining my role as wife and mother, I have learned a great deal! I've seen a greater need for support and resources than I anticipated. I have been approached, emailed and called by scores of women who want and need new ideas. I know there is a need and I'm happy to share! Many women want a better summer experience and more unity in their office. Below you will find some ideas and inspiration.... for those who are interested! 
While this particular aspect of idea sharing and suggesting best practices is not endorsed by the company, I feel the value is important enough to create a resource for all of us, on my own. Hence this blog. :)
I also want and need input from others. There are so many who are amazing summer sales wives! Hopefully this blog will be a place to share ideas and provide support. 

This past winter I spent almost two months working on a manual: How to be an excellent summer sales wife. As I worked on the manual I realized how much everyone has to offer by way of ideas and unique perspectives! I got input from dozens of women and compiled the best practices. I tried my best to compile hundreds of ideas in an easy to understand, clear, well written and organized manner. This initial manual is written for leadership wives. I had to narrow the audience to make it possible to write. There are just so many aspects to this job! My focus had to be narrow enough to convey organized thoughts. 

In the future I think a resource and how-to manual for NEW summer sales wives would be extremely helpful. 
For those who don't already know, there is no 'typical' summer sales wife. We are college students, working women, newly weds, first time moms, mothers with young children, mothers with large families, women who have been married for a decade or more, women who stay at home while their husbands leave for the summer, women who move with their husbands, women who live in hotels for months at a time, women who can only come visit for part of the summer, women who are healthy, women who are suffering, women who know who they are, and women who have have a journey of self discovery ahead. We are women who support their hard working husbands, and women who could be more supportive. We are all different! We all have something to offer and something to learn


You can read a large excerpt from the manual below. I hope you find it helpful! Any feedback is appreciated and welcome. Further insight and new ideas are welcome too! Email elevate(at)armarketing if you have something you want added to this blog. 

Finally, I want to thank all the women... (dozens of them) who contributed to the manual in a variety of ways. Thank you ladies! For your insight, your time, your inspiring words, your commitment to this company and your determination for a positive lifestyle! There are so many women who agree that this is relevant and an important way we can all improve as summer sales wives. Many of these women worked so hard and donated many hours during our spring leadership conference. You know who you are. :) Thank you friends!!

4 comments:

  1. I am excited to collaborate with the strong and inspiring women of elevate! Each of us has had different experiences and we have so much to learn from each other to help us grow into better wives, mothers and friends! Thanks Andrea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Im excited too! Nobody has it better than us.

      Delete
  2. This is just what i needed to continue my 75% participation! already hitting a block and this was perfect for a refresher on what i can do to help get the girls more involved! Thanks for all your time girls! you really have elevated my live and its only been months. can't wait to see how this effects the years to come!

    ReplyDelete